Free Skills Bootcamps – CAD for profitable take-offs
Wednesday, November 01st, 2023
“CAD for profitable take-offs” – Skills Bootcamp
** 10-week course – Fridays 10am – 4.30pm – January/February/March 2024 **
Want to take-off a plan and get an accurate estimate from it? This is a great opportunity! On this particular course (part of our CAD for Construction series of Skills Bootcamps) rather than designing using CAD you will receive training in taking off a plan and getting a profitable estimate from it. It’s aimed at those wanting to be able to estimate accurately whilst being given training on other important business skills. And that couldn’t be more useful during these challenging economic times. And the best news? It’s free if you meet the criteria! All learners will be provided with the HBXL software needed for the duration of the course.
Please note, we also run a Skills Bootcamp on ‘Estimating Skills for a thriving construction firm’. If you’d rather develop ‘straight’ estimating skills using estimating software, this is the course for you. Check out the details here.
Could this be perfect for you or someone you know?
- Started a new business recently?
- An established business and want to speed up your estimating?
- Concerned your quotes aren’t accurate enough?
- Want to offer estimating, admin or management skills to someone else’s business?
- Ready for a new career challenge?
The Skills Bootcamp in CAD for profitable take-offs sits under our CAD for Construction courses. It is being run in conjunction with CPJ Education and certain Local Authorities, and is funded by the Department for Education. You can read about our Business skills for a thriving construction firm Skills Bootcamp here.
This 10-week remote online training course provides a blend of technical skills and industry awareness. It is part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee, helping everyone gain skills for life. The learner has the support of a tutor throughout.
A taster of the course content
- Introduction to the digital Built Environment
- Benefits of digitisation and BIM awareness
- How to read plans
- Practical digital take-offs of a house, extension and loft conversion
- Project costing and material schedules
- Importing drawings and taking-off – extension and loft
- Profit margins and overheads
- Quoting effectively
- Improving your customer pitch
- Contracts, deposits and stage payments
- Health & safety
- Presentation skills
- And more…
Which regions receive funding support?
If you have any construction projects in these locations, or live in or around one of these locations, then read on!
New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership
Norfolk, Suffolk, plus certain postcodes in Essex, Cambridge and Peterborough
Liverpool City Region Combined Authority
Halton, Liverpool, Knowsley, Sefton, Wirral & St Helens
Lancashire Local Enterprise Partnership
Blackburn with Darwen; Blackpool; Burnley; Chorley; Fylde; Hyndburn; Lancaster; Pendle; Preston; Ribble Valley; Rossendale; South Ribble; West Lancashire; and Wyre
We’ll let you know as more local authorities appoint us to run the Skills Bootcamps.
- 19+ years of age
- 3+ years resident in the UK
- Lives or works in the geographic region that has funding
- Hasn’t undertaken any other Skills Bootcamps in the last 12 months
- Windows laptop/computer (for software package installation)
- Broadband access
- Video access i.e. Microsoft Teams/Zoom meetings with course tutor
- Construction experience preferred but not essential.
Cost of the CAD for profitable take-offs Skills Bootcamp
The training can be free for the learner!
- If you’re unemployed or Self-employed the course is fully funded by the government!
- Small to medium sized employers, who have new CAD-related roles for their employees or wish them to upskill, pay 10% of the training cost – the rest is funded by the government:
- £413.40 + VAT (10% of the £4134 training cost)
- Large employers (250+), who have new CAD-related roles for their employees, pay 30% of the training cost – the rest is funded by the government:
- £1240.20 + VAT (30% of the £4134 training cost).
- 10 weeks remote online – Fridays 10am – 4.30pm
- 60 guided learning hours – 6 hours x 1 per week
- 60 hours of independent learning – 6 hours per week
Key dates – next course starts January 2024
- Applications open: 1.11.23
- Start date: 5.1.24
- Last date: 8.3.24
- Certificate of Achievement
- A Career Progression Plan produced with a Careers Advisor
- Guaranteed job interview with Supply Chain of Galliford Try and CITB registered employers
- Mentor for up to six months.
How to apply or find out more
If you would like to be considered (or know someone who would) please call 0117 916 7870 or email us at email@example.com providing your name and phone number.
To register your interest generally please email or call us and we will keep you posted.