It’s your choice. Hopefully the facts below on both subscription and perpetual licence will help you decide. And if you have any questions, please give the team a call on 0117 916 7898.
You’ll see ‘Support & Updates Plan’ mentioned in both cases. The Plan gives you unlimited, uncapped telephone, chat and email support, Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm. It also includes software updates such as enhancements, new features and changes in legislation.
WHAT IS A PERPETUAL LICENCE?
- One-time purchase of the software licence.
- You own it from the moment you purchase the software.
- HBXL Support and Updates Plan free for 12 months.
What happens after the 12 months with a perpetual licence?
- You can carry on using the software – it’s your licence.
- Opt-in to continue with the Support & Updates Plan for a further 12 months (or discounted 24-month option) to maintain software updates and telephone support. Please see pricing here.
And if I don’t take up the Support & Updates Plan for my perpetual licence after my first free 12 months?
- Unfortunately we cannot guarantee your software’s usability long term as so much happens in IT – especially with Microsoft Windows!
- Important technical advances in the software added over time may make a software update essential for it to operate.
- If you take out the Support & Updates Plan at a later date your update will include all previous changes to bring you right up-to-date.
- A break of multiple years will however require a software upgrade. Please see pricing here.
WHAT IS AN ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION?
- A 12-month software licence to use the software.
- HBXL Support and Updates Plan included for the duration of the subscription.
- After the 12 months if you choose not to renew your subscription, the software will be disabled and you won’t be able to access the software anymore.
What happens after the first 12 months with a subscription?
- You can only carry on using the software by renewing your subscription.
- If you renew you will continue to receive updates to the software, along with technical support.
And if I don’t renew my subscription?
- The software will be disabled and you will no longer be able to access your files.
So happy shopping! If you have any questions on perpetual licences and subscriptions, or the software itself, please call the HBXL team on 0117 916 7898 or drop them an email at email@example.com