PRICE A JOB VS HBXL ESTIMATORXPRESS
EstimatorXpress uses clever “whole project quote templates” to fast track your estimating. Simply input your dimensions and specification preferences into your chosen quote template e.g. (give example template) and HBXL’s EstimatorXpress virtually automatically produces the estimate for you – rather than you having to input your calculations for each stage of the project.
If you’re offering a single trade, say plumbing, electrics, landscaping or brickwork, for instance; then Price-a-job could be for you. It has individual calculators that you can pick and choose from.
Pre-loaded quote templates are the perfect solution
EstimatorXpress comes into its own on renovations, extensions and new builds – complete projects. When we introduced the pre-loaded quote templates into EstimatorXpress a few years back now, our popularity rocketed. For most builders the whole point of changing from a manual, calculator or spreadsheet approach to estimating was to end the headache of ticking everything off.
Half of the builders handwriting their quotes, were spending sleepless nights worrying about what they’ve missed out. The other half of them were worrying whether they’d got their calculations right.
A good memory is not required with EstimatorXpress
At HBXL, we wouldn’t ask you to remember to add in the guttering or the roof insulation. Our software automatically includes every phase of the job.
The selling feature isn’t ‘how many calculators the software has’ – that seems mind-blowing – it’s the number of ‘ready-made’ quote templates (with the calculators already assigned) that make quoting fast, easy and 100% accurate.
So rather than go through the fiddle of remembering to choose all the relevant phases, and then entering in foundations lengths, then footing lengths, then wall areas (net of windows) for both inner and outer leafs, then plastering areas, then decorating areas etc. – EstimatorXpress includes each phase automatically and calculates everything for you.
No one particularly likes costing a roof; it can be tricky. So it’s good to know that EstimatorXpress doesn’t expect you to separately select (and input your dimensions each time) the structure, the roof covering, plastering, soffits and rain water goods, and so on.
And we wouldn’t expect you to work out the length of a hip or a valley based on a 35 degree pitch – what would you be paying us for!? Naturally, EstimatorXpress does the number-crunching for you. You get the idea!
After all, we wouldn’t be able to claim half an hour for a renovation estimate, less than an hour for an extension, and so on, if it weren’t for the super-fast computer calculators and intelligent knowledge base doing the leg work!
So the stand-out features of EstimatorXpress?
- The interface is slick
- Easy to use – pre-loaded job templates do all the spadework for extensions, new builds, conservatories and renovation work
- There’s a cost, overheads and profit total on screen that updates as the job ‘builds’
- A clever dashboard that shows you what quotes need finishing or chasing up, what jobs are starting soon, your win rate…
- The dashboard also automatically analyses your estimates – cash flow, what’s profitable, what’s not…
- Price Tracker+ brings you up-to-date building material prices (with links to key builders merchants)
- We could go on…
A few key points about our software compared to Price-a-job –
- We’re NOT a cloud solution – we’re a desktop based tool (this also means you have no down time if you have internet problems)
- You can subscribe or buy outright – you choose to suit your budget
- EstimatorXpress automatically produces Building Regs Notes appropriate to your project – which you can then edit if required
- We provide full support as part of our Support & Updates package giving you unlimited help and telephone support from our friendly, practical team
- You can fully integrate your EstimatorXpress estimating software with our CAD software PlansXpress, Health & Safety Xpert, ContractsXpert and ProjectXpert – helping you cut down on the rest of your admin burden as well as our partner Construction Industry Accounts.
It is always worth checking out estimating software reviews to evaluate your construction pricing software options before purchasing. You want to make sure that it fits your business and needs. Here at HBXL we offer a number of evaluation methods including personal 1-2-1 demonstrations, videos, webinars and events.
It’s also worth taking into account the awards we’ve won, the customer testimonials, and our software reviews on Trustpilot.
And if you’re already a Price a Job user, you might be interested to know about our HBXL Software Scrappage Scheme which entitles you to up to £300 towards our own software. Ready to switch? Talk to us now.
Top reasons to choose EstimatorXpress
- EstimatorXpress, is powerful, easy to use and really, really, fast.
- It has vastly superior estimating functionality. Just look at the pre-loaded job templates to super-charge your estimating!
- We’ve got a track record.
- We’ve been supporting builders for nearly 20 years—we’re not some new upstart business, here today, gone tomorrow
- We’ve helped literally thousands and thousands of firms over the years. We’re Tried and Trusted!
- Our team is passionate, supportive and friendly. We’re with you every step of the way. No team will work harder for you.
- We’re award winning. Not that we want to blow our own trumpet, but honestly, it must say something for the quality of our software that we’ve won numerous awards for our estimating and take-off software, the quality of our technical support and our general innovation.
- We’re a family run business. Adrian Wild, supported by his three daughters in the business and an extended “family” of team members, look after our family of software users
- We’re UK based and understand the uniqueness of UK building and health and safety reg’s
- We don’t do Apps, we do massively hard-working software – no gimmicks.
- We spend 25% of our Group turnover on R&D so we can keep on innovating and bringing you bang up-to-date software in line with latest construction and technologies.
- Low cost annual subscription – or great value “buy out right” perpetual (life time) licences. You choose!
More questions? Please leave a live chat message here or call us on 0117 916 7898.