- To ensure every software user is able to get the absolute best from their HBXL building software products by providing them with consistent, best-in-class support, by responding to, managing, resolving, and preventing problems efficiently; communicating cheerfully and effectively; and consistently exceeding our customers’ expectations.
- To be our customers’ advocate and single point of contact for all building software support issues.
- To strive for continuous improvement by measuring our performance against our customers’ expectations and industry standards.
- To empower and educate our customers using a range of resources in a choice of formats.
- To resolve the majority of customer calls during first call.
- To respond rapidly and positively to all customer inquiries.
- To take ownership of our customers’ problems until resolved to their satisfaction.
- To understand the business of our customers in order to get them back to work as quickly as possible when they have a software problem or question.
- To establish and maintain positive, long-term relationships with our customers through open communication, continuous feedback and accurate recording of any interaction.
- To provide high-level customer service and technical expertise that consistently contributes to each customer’s happiness with both their products and the personal service they receive.
Support Services Hours
- Technical Support is available 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday excluding Public Holidays
Contacting Technical Support
- Customers can contact Technical Support via a dedicated telephone line 0845 1234 085 or 0117 916 7899, a dedicated email address firstname.lastname@example.org or online chat via the website http://shop.hbxl.co.uk/pages/contact-us.
- Technical Support aims to answer all calls within 30 seconds to minimise abandoned calls, to acknowledge all chat requests within 30 seconds and acknowledge all Technical Support emails within 2 business hours.
- If all Technical Support staff are already dealing with other customers, customers will have the option to leave a voicemail message or use an alternative method of contact e.g. email or a chat note.
- Technical Support will endeavour to acknowledge messages left on the answering machine, chat notes and support emails within 2 business hours.
- Calls are answered cheerfully so that all customers immediately feel that they and their issue is important.
- All problems reported to Technical Support are initially handled by a member of the Support Team who will work with the customer to identify and aim to solve the reported problem immediately using screen-sharing technology and/or online support resources where relevant.
- If the problem is not resolved during the primary contact, the member of staff will provide an expectation of timescale for when they will receive an update from Technical Support. Technical Support may need to conduct further investigation or escalate it to another colleague where necessary. Technical Support staff will retain ownership of any issue that is not resolved at first call until the customer is fully satisfied with the solution provided.
Classification of Support Call Types
Technical Support Calls are categorised as per the table below. Depending on the type of call, Technical Support will take the actions described:
|CALL TYPE||DESCRIPTION||ACTION||TIME FRAME|
|HOW TO QUESTIONS?||Customer requires assistance understanding how to use the software e.g. How do I ….? Can the software do….?||Technical Support will demonstrate to the customer on the phone and using screen sharing technology and will refer customer to additional online help resources where relevant.||Immediate|
|BUGS||Software errors which have repercussions but do not render the whole system unusable||Technical Support refer bug to Software Development Team using up to date Bugs Document. Software Development will incorporate a fix in the next scheduled software update.||30 days|
|OUTAGES||Whole system unusable e.g. an application error which affects all or a large percentage of users and prevents software from functioning.||Technical Support refer problem to Software Development Team by phone for immediate attention.||24 hours|
|SUGGESTIONS||Cosmetic issues / suggestions for improvements that do not inhibit functionality of customer’s software, such as correction of typos, layout, requests for new features etc.||Technical Support refer bug to Software Development Team for consideration for inclusion in next scheduled software update.||Rolling annual basis|
- If a Technical Support issue cannot be resolved by the team member, the issue will be escalated to the Technical Support Manager passing on full details of customer’s name, customer number, an adequate description of the problem, timeframe required for resolution and clear indication of who will be contacting the customer to close the issue.
- If Technical Support Manager is unable to resolve the issue, the issue will be escalated to the Technical Director or Development Director via email/phone containing full details of customer’s name, customer number, an adequate description of the problem, timeframe required for resolution and clear indication of who will be contacting the customer to close the issue.
- Technical Support Team are expected to take ownership of all issues reported to them and ensure that all customers are happy with the resolution and the service they have received.
- If a customer is dissatisfied with the solution that Technical Support has provided, they may request their issue be escalated to a more senior member of staff as above.
- Customer Complaints are dealt with according with the Complaints Policy.
- Technical Support aim to prevent complaints by ensuring that customers are as happy as possible with the software and the service provided by HBXL Building Software.
- However, should a customer express dissatisfaction then we will always listen to the customer’s description of the problem. We will accept ownership of the problem and apologise without blaming others. We will thank the customer for bringing the problem to our attention.
- Technical Support will endeavour to be understanding of the customer’s point of view and not take the complaint personally. We will remain calm, cheerful and helpful and where possible, we will let the customer know that we will take responsibility for resolving the problem.
- Technical Support will record the complaint in writing electronically so that we and other staff know exactly what the problem is.
- Complaints and the actions taken to resolve them are to be recorded in Pineapple Database so that we can see any patterns emerge over time. Complaints about a particular process or product might indicate that changes need to be made. All staff can also see what has been done to resolve complaints in the past.
- Details of all complaints must also be communicated to all managers.
- We will endeavour to gather all the relevant facts from the customers and check that we understand the details while the person is making the complaint, asking further questions if necessary. This will also let them know that you are taking their complaint seriously.
- We will offer the customer options for fixing the problem and always keep any promises. We will avoid promising things that we can’t deliver.
- Technical Support will handle complaints as quickly as possible i.e. within 24 business hours.
- We will always follow up complaints to see if they were happy with how their complaint was handled and to let them know what you are doing to avoid the problem in the future.
Support Cost and Eligibility
- Technical Support is available to all customers with an active Support & Updates Subscription.
- 1 Year Technical Support is included in the purchase of an annual Support & Updates package.
- At the end of year 1, further Support & Updates packages can be purchased via the website or by speaking to a member of the Technical Support or Sales Team.
Maintenance, Updates & Bug Fixes
- Software Development Team are responsible for website maintenance, software updates and bug fixes which may be necessary to ensure all customers are able to enjoy continuously improving software and service.
- Software Updates are only available to customers with an active Support & Updates Subscription.
- Customers with an active Support Subscription will be notified by email when a Software Update is available including instructions detailing how to download and install it.