Health & Safety Xpert also produces a very comprehensive health and safety policy for your company in literally seconds – with no typing required. Just review and click print! You need one as it’s the law under Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 for every employer with 5 or more employees. This critical document defines your company’s approach to health & safety, who does what and how they do it.
Why do you need a health and safety policy?
Under the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981, an employer must provide adequate and appropriate first aid facilities and equipment, rendered by qualified first aiders. Employees must be informed of these arrangements including the location of facilities, equipment and people and this is usually included in a Company Health and Safety Policy.
What does a Health and Safety Policy contain?
A Company Health and Safety Policy normally also includes general statements of how the company intends to comply with other relevant regulations (which our template policy does!) including:-
• Deposit of Poisonous Waste Act 1972
• High Inflammable and Liquefied Petroleum Gas Regulations 1972
• Petroleum Spirit [Plastic Container] Regulations 1982
• Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 2012
• Control of Pollution (Amendment) Act 1989
• Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
• Environmental Protection Act 1991
• Controlled Waste (Registration of Carriers and Seizure of Vehicles) Regulations 1991
• Chapter 8 Traffic Signs Manual 1991 (Traffic Signing Regulations and General Directions)
• Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
• Workplace (Health, Safety & Welfare) Regulations 1992
• Personal Protective equipment at Work [PPE] Regulations 1992 (Amended 1996)
• The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
• R.I.D.D.O.R. 2013
• The Health and Safety (Consultation with Employees) Regulations 1996
• Safety Signs and Signals Regulations 1996
• Lifting Operation and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
• Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
• The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
• The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
• Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005
• Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005
Establish general standards for health and safety
Use the Company Health and Safety Policy included in Health & Safety Xpert to establish general standards for health, safety and welfare within which your company will carry out its work and distribute responsibility for the implementation and management of these standards. All employees and sub-contractors must be familiar with your Company Health and Safety Policy and must be able to access a copy of it, should they wish to consult it further.
Easy to edit Health and Safety Policy
In the Company Health and Safety Policy screen, you are guided through reviewing the text of the Company Health and Safety Policy and you can edit it as appropriate to suite your business.
You can save any of these changes you have made to the text of Company Health and Safety Policy for use in other projects in the future, by using the Save As button.
Once you are satisfied with the content of the Company Health and Safety Policy, simply press Print button to print a copy.