Principal Contractors Duties under CDM 2015
Thursday, April 06th, 2017
Principal Contractors are contractors appointed by the client to co-ordinate the construction phase of a project where it involves more than one contractor.
Summary of role/main duties
Plan, manage, monitor and co-ordinate the construction phase of a project. This includes:
- liaising with the client and principal designer
- preparing the construction phase plan
- organising co-operation between contractors and co-ordinating their work
- suitable site inductions are provided
- reasonable steps are taken to prevent unauthorised access
- workers are consulted and engaged in securing their health and safety
- welfare facilities are provided
You will also be required to carry out client duties if the client is a domestic client.