Work with subcontractors? You need the Subcontract Building contract. Load the Contracts Wizard and it will guide you through creating your subcontractor contract. Quickly review, and then print! Hardly any typing required!
The sub-contractors contract
The sub-contractors contract is designed to secure the legal rights of builders who sub-contract some of their work to another company. For example, if the builder is doing a loft conversion and his company cannot install windows, then he will sub-contract that particular part of the work to windows installers. It then becomes his responsibility regarding pay and workmanship. Therefore, he should sign a sub-contractors contract with the window company - unless of course the client chooses otherwise and appoints their own window installer.
The contract outlines:
• the subcontractor’s responsibilities
• the contractor’s responsibilities
• access to site details
• interest owing for late payments to subbies
• when the work will start
• details of any payments withheld (stage payments are used to pay the subbie)
• details of the supply of materials for the project - who is supplying and of what quality
• insurance and who has what
• who has what liabilities
• who has what responsibilities for H&S
• liability periods
• what happens if there are disputes - and so on.